Monday, April 12, 2010

Benedictine Retreat House, Digos City, Davao del Sur

When we were in Davao, we went to Kiagot where most of our relatives are. Reunion, yes. ;)
Before waiting for people to arrive, we decided to go to Benedictine. Ayaw naman namin masunog at mangitim lang habang naghihintay, kailangan kahit papano may mapala.

I was informed that my Lolo (actually not really my Lolo. Brother of my maternal Lolo, that is) was the former caretaker of the Benedictine farm in Digos City, Davao del Sur. When the monastery was built in the year 1981, a portion of the vast land was given to my Lolo. Kaya pala anlapit lang ng residences ng mga Tito&Titas ko dun. :D

So there. We went there.......and I fell in love with the place.

Here are the pictures:

Front

Inside. Check out the hanging light fixtures.

Inside. Very simple.

Inside. Very few statues, I must say. They're keeping it simple I guess.

Outside. Beautiful landscape.
                                                                         
Outside.

Outside. Parking Area.





I'm inlove. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment