Friday, November 13, 2009

Cebu Hotcake : An inexpensive hotcake because of inferior quality is what I like


 This is how a cheap hotcake looks like. 

My cousins and I have these sweet memories in Cebu while we were out of the church and was eating lots (and I really mean lotS) of pancakes.




---
Recipe:
1. Mix: flour, small can of evap milk, small amount of yellow food coloring and egg (optional)
2. Cook in the hotcake pan. If none, use a non-stick pan greased with small amount of butter
3. When cooked, grease the hotcake with generous amount of margarine and sprinkle with sugar  





 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I grew up with this and was my favorite afternoon snack. I could never get enough of it. My mom would only give me enough change to buy 2. I've been looking for its recipe for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    can you please give the exact proportion of the ingredients? thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small can of evaporated milk, I think I used the can of a local product--Alpine. A teaspoon of yellow food coloring, one egg and just a small amount of flour just to make a kinda runny paste-like mixture. Go ahead and try your luck. Instinct will get you there, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for this recipe too! thanks for sharing! I'm gonna try it right away,it's been 3 years been home,so I missed it a lot!!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not at all inexpensive nor of inferior quality. I would say the ingredients are special -- evap milk, egg. Better than buying boxed mixes (consisting of flour, sugar, baking powder, buttermilk powder) that is made with plain water...I am sure this tastes excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a heart attack waiting to happen... margarine, butter, and sugar! but it's SO GOOD! i totally agree with everyone who grew up with this decadent street fare. i gonna risk the health risk and make me a couple of batches! ;D

    ReplyDelete